Sunday, October 24, 2010

Terra Andina Sauvignon Blanc - $7.00

"Wine is to be enjoyed, not critiqued." I received this advice from a wonderful man, possibly the owner, of a Belmont Beverage on a recent adventure to branch out into Sauvignon Blanc. Indeed, my friend, it is. But I hope you were not insinuating that I am snobby or cliche. I am really just trying to figure out what I like and how to describe it. Except for "chewy". I don't understand the usage of that word yet.

Now that my obligatory moment of near-crippling insecurity is out of the way, I hope to make a regular feature out of my quest. You see, sometimes librarians need to indulge themselves. And I decided that wine, though it sometimes mixes badly with my antacids and Benadryl, is going to be my indulgence. You know, along with all the food I eat and the television I become fanatically obsessed with.

Tonight's selection comes from Chile. I decided that to honor both the Chilean miners and the $7 price tag, I would try Terra Andina Sauvignon Blanc. I normally like reds, but this is a crisp, clean divergence from my routine. It has peachy hints of tangerine, and it's not too sweet or dry. I would definitely try it again, and I will probably try Terra Andina's reds as well. Num, num. I am on my third glass, so it's probably great that my computer is set to spell check automatically.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment